Friday 22 October 2010

Courgette and Rosemary Soup - Delicious and Healthy!

I always like the idea of courgettes, but to me the reality always seems a little dull and bland.  Trying to eat a wee bit healthier at the moment though so trying to vary me vegetable intake and last night was the turn of the courgette.

After trying something similar in Scott’s of Troon at the weekend I decided to try and make some of this myself.  Delicious and healthy I reckon – if a wee bit green!

Ingredients
3 large courgettes (sliced)
2 medium potatoes (peeled and chopped)
2 medium onions (chopped)
Teaspoon of crushed garlic
Sprig of rosemary (chopped)
Chicken stock (made with 2 stock cubes)
Salt, pepper and sugar to season.
(You could add cream at the end...but i didn't)

Method
 I used my griddle pan to char the sliced courgettes.  I hoped that this would add a bit of flavour to what can otherwise be a slightly tasteless vegetable.  While I did this I sweated off the onion until beginning to get brown and sweet, then added the garlic.   I then added all the rest of the ingredients, brought to the boil, and let it simmer for 20 minutes or so (till the potato was soft).  Then I used my hand blender to blend it all till smooth.  Et voila.....

No comments:

Post a Comment